Sunday 5 August 2012

Three Weeks Stay-At-Home-Wife

Having signed off from work and stayed in the house for 3 consecutive weeks made me realised how demanding it is being a stay-at-home wife. There are household works waiting to be done everyday and I kept finding more as the day goes by. Brushing the floor, dusting, cleaning the kitchen, laundry and watering the plants (especially the tomatoes) became my routine every morning. I set a date once a week to clean the bathroom and do some ironing twice a week. Ironing is a marathon yet it's my pride to see my husband wearing presentable clothes at work and going out. And cleaning bathroom, laborious! Dust and my hairs are everywhere, but as what my Mama told me, apart from the kitchen it should be the most immaculate place in the house! Right?
I did a really good job clearing our spare room last week. Because I thought of renovating the room sooner, I started to tidy it up. Mum in-law and I did some filling on the wall with cracks and holes and then I cleaned the wall with sugar soap to have it ready for rubbing and painting. I piled the boxes of books in our secret cupboard and so we hope to continue renovating the room when we have sometime so to have it ready for our special someone to be send by God. (big smile)
Another housework I do enjoy now is watering the plants especially our tomatoes. I've been enjoying gardening lately. Thanks to my mum in-law whos' encouraging me to use my spare time in a more productive way rather that sulking in my bedroom, facebooking!hehe..
Cooking dinner for my husband has been my favourite routine for the day. Although it gets tedious sometimes trying to alternate English and Filipino/Asian foods. I don't know much about English food and I guess not so much with Filipino food as well. OK let's just say I am a complete beginner in cooking. I was not interested in cooking at all so I didn't bother to learn I hated it, honestly! Until we've moved to our own house, I realised I have to like it after all. My Mama has been a very good mum and wife and so as my mum in-law and so for me to be like them, I should at least learn how to cook! hehe..
I am just so lucky that my husband isn't a fussy eater. He eats anything except seafood, whatever I cook he eats and above all he likes Filipino food! (Smile).
Being a house wife is indeed demanding and laborious sometimes but the role itself  is fun and at the end of the day a job well done!
It's my last day being a stay-at-home wife and tomorrow I will be back to my working wife role! I am excited and ecstatic to be finally coming back to work to build my confidence again, see my work colleague friends and be able to help my clients! I miss them..
Thank you God for sustaining me in the longest 3 weeks of my life. Thank you for being with me every step of the way and showing that there's still plenty of reason for me to love life and continue living despite of what happened. Thank you for all those wonderful people around me, for their prayers and thoughts.
I am now ready to face the world with you..I know you will soon bestow us the most precious thing our hearts desire.

1 Thoughtful thoughts for Roxxy:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Staying at home is a hard job indeed. Just wait til' you have children.

Beauty and Fashion in Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Labels

About My Hunny (1) AK Anne Klein (1) Alex and Chloe (1) All About Love (3) All About Work (2) Animal species (3) Anything About England (43) Aqua (3) Ariella Collection (1) Arts and Crafts (5) award (1) Away News (1) Babybunch (1) bags (2) Bakewell (2) Balikbayan Box (1) Banana Republic (1) Bank Holiday (2) Beauty of Negros Island (1) Being a Wife (1) Betsey Johnson (1) Blogging (6) Blue Monday (21) Board Game (1) Bonding TIme (7) Books (2) Bubble Bath (1) bunny's Collection (1) Burr Towerettes (1) Business (1) By Malene Birger (1) Camera Critters (6) Canterbury Cathedral (2) Career (2) Catholic (1) Champagne (1) Chanel (1) Chatsworth (2) Chio (1) Chocolates (4) Christian Song (3) Christmas Story (1) Clicks and Offers (1) Colour Connection (4) Confused (1) Couples Corner (24) Crosstitch (1) Daily Update (1) day adventure (3) Deals and Offers (3) Diane von Fürstenberg (1) Diane von Furstenberg (1) DIY Update (1) Doamain Name (1) Dorothy Perkins (3) emote (4) Engine (1) Event (1) family (24) fancy dress (1) Fashion (25) Father Monet Visit (2) favourite english food (1) Films (1) floral jeans (1) Food (11) Foodtrip Friday (2) Footwear (2) Forces of Nature (1) Friday Phoot Flashback (1) Friends (4) From My Heart (3) Furnitures (1) FYI (1) gadgets (7) Gardening (1) Gift (4) Gucci (1) h (1) Hair and Make-up (3) Hard Times (1) Highschool Life (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (3) Honeymoon Adventures (8) Honeymoon Token (1) Hospital Bag Checklist (1) House Move Update (4) Jane Norman (1) Jealousy (1) Jewellery (1) Just Beautiful (3) KAROLINA (1) Kate Spade (1) Kenneth Jay Lane (1) Kenzo (1) Kitchen design (1) l (1) Lanvin (1) Life (6) Life Celebration (26) Life Experience (4) Likes (1) LK Designs (1) Louis Vuitton (1) lv bags (1) Mail Box (1) Mango (2) Marriage life (6) Married life (25) Masskara Festival (1) Me myself and I (28) Medicine (8) Mellow Yellow (1) MIL bonding (1) Miscarriage Story (1) Miso (1) Miss Selfridge (1) Monsoon (1) Movie (1) Movies (1) Moving On (1) Mummy Journey (1) Musical Play (1) My Birthday (1) My Bump (2) my Hunny's collection (1) My life before (3) My life in England (4) My Love Poems (3) My Random Thoughts (96) My World Tuesday (18) myself and I (1) Nostalgia (10) Nursery DIY (1) Oasis (1) Ocassions (1) Old House Museum (1) Our Darling Angel (1) Our love story (25) our wedding (5) Paper Works (1) Past (1) Perfume (1) Pet (1) Philippines (10) Photography (19) Photos (1) PIL Xmas gift (1) Pink friday (11) Pink Saturday (2) pink ssturday (1) pink. blues (1) pitch and putt (1) polyvore (6) Pope's visit (1) Prada (1) Prayers (3) Pregnancy (5) Pregnancy and Beyond (1) Pregnancy Journey (3) Presents (4) Private I (1) Property (2) Quotes (1) Reculver (1) relationships (2) Religion (1) religious (1) Rob and Jay's Wedding (1) Ruby Tuesday (19) Russel garden (1) Sale (1) Salvatore Ferragamo (1) Sara Battaglia (1) Scan photos (1) Scenic Sunday (2) shoes (3) shopping (17) SIL's Doll house (1) Sisters (2) Skechers (1) sky watch friday (7) Spring (1) Stolen Shots (1) Story of Faith (3) style (6) Summer (1) Sunday meditation (2) Sunday Praise song (4) Sunday Stealing (2) SUNO New York (1) Superdry (1) Tagalog (2) Tatak Pinoy (1) Thanksgiving (1) Thoughts (3) tips (1) today's flower (4) Topshop (2) Tourist spot (2) Travel (10) Treatment (1) Trials (1) trip (15) Tudor Times (2) Tuesday Travel (1) Victoria Secret (1) Visa (2) Visited places (1) walk (3) Watery Wednesday (13) Weddings (7) Wednesday whites (3) Weekends (2) Winter (2) Yummy Sunday (7) Yves Saint Laurent (2) Zimmermann (1)

Our Anniversary Countdown

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Every night before I sleep, I never fail to thank God for the day I had. Whether it was a good or a bad day. And I know God was so pleased and happy about it, because HE decided to make my days perfect for the rest of my life....HE put my husband on it.
WAHMaholic Blog Designs